SC720 - Pacific Scientific / Danaher Motion SC720 Series Analog Torque/Velocity or...
- Part Number:
- Model Number:
- PACIFIC SCIENTIFIC
- Lead Time:
- Qty In Stock:
Pacific Scientific / Danaher Motion SC720 Series Analog Torque/Velocity or Digital Position Command Controllers 3.8A to 60A continuous current 7.5A to 120A peak Simple Type: Servo Controllers
Designed specifically for use in harsh industrial environments, SC720 Series controllers provide economical velocity or torque control. Five power levels, SC722 through SC726, are ideal for use with Pacific Scientific’s full torque range of brushless servo motors, R20 through R80 Series. When used in combination with Pacific Scientific motors, SC720 Series controllers provide continuous torque ranging from 4.8 lb-in. to 451 lb-in. and peak torque from 10 lb-in. to 800 lb-in. Thanks to modular design, wiring, setup and operating procedures are identical for all models in the SC720 Series. Standard motor power and feedback cables are available to assure reliable, troublefree system startup and operation. Input Power Features: Each SC720 model is a stand-alone, 4-quadrant controller equipped with an internal power supply and shunt regulator. Separate AC inputs are provided for control logic and bus power. The control logic can be powered while power is removed from the motor, placing the motor in a safe state while preventing loss of encoder or fault information. Control logic power can be 90-264 Vac single phase. Bus power can be 120 Vac single phase or 240 Vac single or three phase on the SC722 and SC723 and is 240 Vac three phase on the SC724, SC725 and SC726. Single Resolver Feedback: The SC720 Series uses a single frameless resolver mounted on the motor shaft for rugged, reliable feedback. The resolver provides all necessary feedback information for commutation, velocity and position control. Position feedback information from the resolver is processed by the drive electronics to produce signals which emulate an incremental encoder. These quadrature encoder output signals are available for use by an external position controller, including PLC servo modules. The outputs are differential line drivers and have selectable resolution of up to 1024 pulses per revolution (4096 PPR optional). Pacific Scientific offers resolver equipped, brushless rare earth and ferrite magnet servo motors ideal for use with the SC720. Personality Module: The personality module contains all motor and application-specific drive settings and parameters. Easily removed and installed, these modules simplify setup, installation and maintenance while reducing spare part requirements.
For Resellers and High Volume Orders:
Please request a quote to obtain preferred pricing.
- 3 bit fault code output
- 7 segment status/fault code display
- Front access test points
- Fully enclosed, panel mount package
- Fully fused
- I * T protection
- IGBT PWM output stage
- Inrush current limiting
- Integral, directional dynamic braking
- MOV protected input
- Output short circuit protection
- Overtemperature protection, controller and motor
- Phoenix screw terminal connections
- Smooth, high bandwidth velocity/torque control
- Transformerless, direct 240/120 Vac single or three phase line operation
- Altitude: 5000 ft. (1500 m)
- Control inputs: Enable. Reset. Inhibit +. Inhibit -.
- Current loop bandwidth: 750 to 3000 Hz
- Digital Personality Module communications: 9600 baud
- Efficiency (50% output voltage, rated cont. current): > 95%
- Encoder output resolutions (switch selectable) Optional (3000 RPM max. spee: 2048, 4096 PPR, ± 4 arcmin accuracy
- Encoder output resolutions (switch selectable) Standard: 500, 512, 1000, 1024 PPR, ± 22 arcmin accuracy
- Fault output: 3 bit fault code, open collector
- Feedback: Brushless resolver
- Form factor: < 1.01
- Humidity: 10% to 90%, non-condensing
- Interfacing connectors (furnished): All plug-in mating connectors
- Operating temperature Derated: 50°C to 60°C
- Operating temperature Full ratings: 0°C to 50°C
- Output ripple frequency (± 15%): 20 kHz
- Storage temperature: -55°C to 70°C
- Tachometer gradients (switch selectable) (± 2.5%): 1 V/kRPM, 8000 RPM max. 2 V/kRPM, 4000 RPM max. 4 V/kRPM, 2000 RPM max. 8 V/kRPM, 1000 RPM max.
- Tachometer ripple (max.) Drive only: 3% p-p
- Tachometer ripple (max.) With standard PacSci motor: 5% p-p
- Test points (front panel): Velocity command. Tach monitor. Current command. Current monitor. Commutation signal.
- Velocity input command: ± 10V
- Velocity offset: Adjustable to zero
- Velocity offset drift (referred to input): 50mV/°C
- Weight: SC722, 13 lbs. SC723, 16 lbs. SC724/725, 40 lbs. SC726, 90 lbs.
- None Available
- None Available